- 1 How do you remove a record deck?
- 2 How do I remove the platter from my BSR record player?
- 3 How do you isolate a turntable?
- 4 How often should you replace your record needle?
- 5 Is Jensen a good record player?
- 6 How do you remove a spindle from a record player?
- 7 How do you remove a Garrard turntable?
- 8 Are BSR turntables good?
- 9 What should I put under my turntable?
- 10 What is a turntable isolation platform?
How do you remove a record deck?
Remove the platter.
- If there is a small, C-shaped clip attached to the center shaft, use a flat-head screwdriver to pry it off. Save it for later.
- If there is no clip, but the platter resists removal, it is likely “press-fit.” As you pull it up, use a hammer to lightly tap on the center shaft to remove the platter.
How do I remove the platter from my BSR record player?
Re: BSR removing the plater First, pull the spindle straight up and out. Then remove the circular clip that holds the platter on. Then you can stick a hot soldering iron into the hole where the spindle came out of. It will soften the old grease to the point where the platter will easily pull off.
How do you isolate a turntable?
While there is no single best way to isolate a turntable, the goal is trying to completely decouple the system from the floor and speakers. One way doing this is to provide an isolation platform where vibrations are dissipated rather than reflected back into the component.
How often should you replace your record needle?
Most manufacturers recommend changing your stylus at around 1000 hours of record playing time. So if you’re using your turntable for an hour or so per day on average, ideally you should be changing the stylus every couple of years.
Is Jensen a good record player?
The speed is stable enough that records are listenable, but they it sped up and slowed down enough that it doesn’t bring you into the music the way a good turntable should.
How do you remove a spindle from a record player?
The best way to get it out is to use a large soldering gun and heat the spindle right where is enters the spindle housing. As you apply heat keep gently pushing and turning the spindle until it pops out.
How do you remove a Garrard turntable?
Grasp the platter, and pull straight up to disengage it from the aligning rod running through the center of the platter. Depending on your Garrard turntable’s age and model, you may have to use a small hammer to gently pry and pound the platter out of the turntable’s casing.
Are BSR turntables good?
Once they are properly cleaned and serviced, they usually perform as good as they ever did. Most BSR’s were noisy, had excessive rumble, had heavy tracking tonearms that will cause excessive record wear, and often ran slightly fast. They’re fine for cheaper systems; but, I would not suggest a BSR for serious listening.
What should I put under my turntable?
I use industrial anti-vibration pads under my turntables. They are made by a company called Diversitech and are very inexpensive, and come in different sizes. I use the ones with the blue EVA material in the center.
What is a turntable isolation platform?
As its name suggests, a turntable isolation platform works to isolate the turntable and provide it with great balance. With the special design, an isolation platform will control vibrations that will negatively affect the sound quality and the performance of the turntable system.