- 1 How do I connect old HiFi speakers to my computer?
- 2 How do I connect my surround sound to my PC?
- 3 Can I connect HiFi speakers to PC?
- 4 How do I connect my 5.1 surround sound to my computer?
- 5 How do I connect speakers to my computer without an amp?
- 6 Can I connect speakers to my laptop?
- 7 How do I install a home theater system on my computer?
- 8 How do I connect my computer to my home theater system audio?
- 9 What is a PC audio cable?
- 10 How do I put audio on my computer?
- 11 How do I connect my speakers to Windows 10?
- 12 How do I get HDMI sound from 5.1 to my laptop?
How do I connect old HiFi speakers to my computer?
How to Connect Old Stereo Speakers to a Computer
- Attach the speakers to the amplifier with speaker wire, using the red wire to connect to the positive terminal and the other wire to connect with the black terminal.
- Connect a set of RCA-type audio cables to a set of free audio input jacks on the back of the amp.
How do I connect my surround sound to my PC?
Connect Surround Sound
- Reposition your computer so you can access the back connections panel.
- Plug the audio cord or cords (one if using optical, three if using RCA) into the port(s) on the back of your computer.
- Move your computer back to its normal position and turn it back on, if necessary.
Can I connect HiFi speakers to PC?
Can I use normal living-room stereo speakers with my PC? Probably not directly, but essentially yes. There’s no fundamental difference between PC speakers and normal speakers, except that PC speakers have a built-in amplifier. To use standard hi-fi stereo speakers you just need an amplifier to drive them.
How do I connect my 5.1 surround sound to my computer?
Plug the computer end of the cable into the headphone jack on your computer. There may be a few jacks; the headphone one is usually green. Connect the other end of the cable to the free set of inputs on the back of your stereo. Be sure to match red to red and white to white.
How do I connect speakers to my computer without an amp?
How to Power Passive Speakers without an Amp
- Position your equipment – speakers, PC, jack.
- Make sure the computer is turned off.
- Plug the speakers into the power socket.
- Find the 3.5mm RCA jack at the back of the computer tower.
- Plug the jack into the audio source to get a good connection.
- Turn on your computer.
Can I connect speakers to my laptop?
Speakers connect to a laptop through an external sound card or integrated audio output jack. Windows includes a speaker icon in the system tray for quick access to your audio settings.
How do I install a home theater system on my computer?
If your PC provides HDMI, connect it to one of the HDMI inputs on your TV or Home Theater Receiver. If you are using the HDMI connection, it should also transfer audio, as HDMI can pass both video and audio signals.
How do I connect my computer to my home theater system audio?
The easiest way to connect the audio output of your computer is to use the “line” output of your sound card. We recommend a stereo 3.5mm mini phone plug to dual RCA cable or mini plug to dual RCA jack adapter with a RCA jack stereo cable to go to the audio input of your sound system, such as the “aux” input.
What is a PC audio cable?
A cable used to transfer analog or digital signals from an audio source to an amplifier or powered speaker. Cables are identified more by their plugs and sockets than by the shape or color of the wire that is used. See analog audio and audio connections.
How do I put audio on my computer?
For example, on a PC, we’ll need to open the control panel and select Sounds and Audio Devices from the list of options. Once you’re in the sound control panel, you can select your computer’s audio input and output and adjust the volume for each. Finally, there’s software.
How do I connect my speakers to Windows 10?
From the desktop, right-click your taskbar’s Speaker icon and choose Playback Devices. The Sound window appears. Click (don’t double-click) your speaker’s icon and then click the Configure button. Click the speaker’s icon with the green check mark, because that’s the device your computer uses for playing sound.
How do I get HDMI sound from 5.1 to my laptop?
Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I’d recommend if you’re using a HDMI display). For option 1, connect the cable and set the ‘Realtek digital output’ as you default device, then right click it, go to properties, and in the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1 (or something like that).